The European Foundation for the Protection of Monuments was established by an act notary public on September 11, 1992 in Gdańsk.
The goals of the Foundation are:
1) protection, revaluation and development of historic buildings
2) supporting activities aimed at the restoration of monuments
3) cooperation with international monument protection organizations
The Foundation realizes its goals through:
1) conducting research and studies in the field of conservation and adaptation of facilities historic
2) taking ownership of historic buildings, their renovation and adaptation,
3) initiating financial and legal assistance for legal or natural persons working on the reconstruction, restoration or development of historic buildings,
4) organizing and financing conferences, seminars, meetings and training related to monument protection,
5) awarding prizes and scholarships,
6) carrying out propagation, information and publishing activities.